Law enforcement is an ever changing field where training and performance go hand-in-hand. TargetSolutions, the leader in training and operations management for public safety agencies, provides law enforcement with dynamic online courses featuring engaging, video-driven lessons on hot-topic issues.
TargetSolutions’ custom-built credential allows agencies to deliver new policies and training for New York’s sexual harassment prevention mandates.
Beginning on Oct. 9, 2018, New York State is implementing new laws to protect organizations across all industries against sexual harassment. With these new laws, employers are required to have a sexual harassment prevention policy in place that reflects the new updates and provide training to all employees.
To help simplify the process, TargetSolutions has custom-built credentials for sexual harassment prevention, for both employees and supervisors, that includes engaging, video-driven training and policy templates for New York mandates.
|So far this year TargetSolutions has developed 32 new courses for school districts and enhanced 28 previously-existing courses from its catalog. Fourteen of the 32 new courses are set for release on July 1.|
Education professionals constantly face new challenges in maintaining a safe learning environment for students at all grade levels. To assist school districts and their staffs in addressing these challenges, TargetSolutions recently embarked on a project to modernize its training catalog. As a result, TargetSolutions has completely revamped its EDU catalog with 32 new courses, while enhancing 28 previously-existing titles with engaging content and practical lessons.
Delivered in video-driven modules, these courses offer strategies to ensure safety while utilizing an on-screen instructor to guide learners through each lesson. To improve retention of key topics, courses feature quizzes and case studies to keep learners engaged. In an effort to accommodate educators’ busy schedules, many of the courses are offered in 20- or 30-minute sessions, providing educators with more time to focus on students.
TargetSolutions’ new courses highlight the following three categories:
Transportation Safety Training
When transporting students, staff are faced with higher risks for distracted driving. Additionally, they are presented with unique challenges when driving students with disabilities to ensure they receive the proper care and are as safe as possible. To protect both bus drivers and students, TargetSolutions developed these courses:
- Bus Drivers: Ergonomics and Avoiding Injury (EDU)
- Safe Use of Utility Vehicles (EDU)
- Special Education Transportation: Handling Needs on Mixed Buses (EDU)
- Special Education Transportation: Laws and Regulations (EDU)
- Special Education Transportation: Lifts and Mobility Equipment (EDU)
- Special Education Transportation: Transportation Problems (EDU)
- Special Education Transportation: Types of Disabilities and Special Needs (EDU)
- Wheelchair Securement and Safety (EDU)
Classroom Safety Training
From an active shooter event to natural disasters, to everyday classroom safety, teachers and other school staff must be prepared for all situation types and have procedures in place to respond appropriately. TargetSolutions’ all-new courses explain the various risks school staff and students face on campus and offer solutions to de-escalate potential scenarios. These courses include:
- Classroom Safety – Special Education (EDU)
- Evacuating Students with Disabilities (EDU)
- Emergency Operations Plans in Action (EDU)
- Planning for an Emergency (EDU)
- Safety in the Science Lab (EDU)
- Science Laboratory: Chemical Spill Safety (EDU)
- Techniques for De-Escalation (EDU)
General Safety & Compliance Training
To help prevent dangers to students both in and out of the classroom and to promote a safe school environment, TargetSolutions also released these new courses:
- Asbestos Safety (EDU)
- Athletes and Sudden Cardiac Arrest (EDU)
- California Integrated Pest Management (EDU)
- Child Abuse: Mandated Reporter Training (California AB 1432)
- Liability in Sports (EDU)
- Managing Difficult Behaviors (EDU)
- Preventing Cyberbullying (EDU)
- Preventing Sexual Harassment: Students (EDU)
- Sexual Misconduct in Schools (EDU)
- Spanish Version – Mandated Reporter Training for California (EDU)
- Student Safety Restraint Systems (EDU)
- Supervision and Oversight of Students (EDU)
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct (EDU)
- Title IX in Higher Education: Sexual Misconduct (EDU)
- Working in Extreme Temperatures: Working in Cold Climates (EDU)
- Working in Extreme Temperatures: Heat Illness Prevention (EDU)
Revamped Courses with Full Content Revisions
In addition to extending TargetSolutions’ comprehensive EDU catalog, 28 highly utilized courses have received full-content revisions with lessons presented in 100 percent video-driven formats. With new-and-improved visuals, learning exercises, and an on-screen instructor, school staff can comply with state and federal standards and be better equipped to protect students and themselves.
These courses include:
- Adjusting to Changing Driving Conditions (EDU)
- Aerosol Transmissible Diseases (EDU)
- Avoiding Slips, Trips, and Falls (EDU)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Safety (EDU)
- Breaking Up Student Fights (EDU)
- Crossing Guard Safety (EDU)
- Defensive Driving Strategies (EDU)
- Distracted Driving (EDU)
- Ethics in the Workplace (EDU)
- Everyday Safety in Classrooms (EDU)
- FERPA: Protecting Student Privacy (EDU)
- Fire Extinguisher Safety (EDU)
- Food Safety, Foodborne Illness & Kitchen Sanitation (EDU)
- Food Service General Safety (EDU)
- Food Services Proper Lifting (EDU)
- General Office Ergonomics (EDU)
- Maintaining Professional Staff/Student Boundaries (EDU)
- Passenger Van Safety (EDU)
- Playground Supervision (EDU)
- Principal’s Recognition of Hazards on a School Campus (EDU)
- Recognizing and Preventing Youth Suicide (EDU)
- School Bullying (EDU)
- School Shooting Awareness (EDU)
- School Violence and Weapons (EDU)
- Sexual Harassment Awareness (EDU)
- Student Concussions (EDU)
- Workplace Diversity (EDU)
- Workplace Violence (EDU)
For questions about TargetSolutions’ all-new EDU courses, or recently enhanced courses, please contact us today!
|TargetSolutions recently enhanced four courses in the Education catalog with revised information regarding definitions of the different types of special needs, legislation for working with students with special needs and safety procedures for students and staff.|
About 13% of all public-school students in the United States receive special education services. While working with students with special needs can be rewarding, it also requires extensive training to ensure staff have the necessary awareness, communication skills and knowledge to provide a safe environment – both in and outside of the classroom.
To accomplish this, TargetSolutions recently enhanced four courses in the EDU course catalog with revised information regarding definitions of the different types of special needs, legislation for working with students with special needs and safety procedures for students and staff.
Overview of Courses
It’s imperative that staff interacting with students with special needs understand their responsibilities as administrators, educators or transportation providers. Each course provides in-depth lessons in identifying behavioral patterns, employing communication best practices and implementing policies and procedures.
These courses include the following titles:
- Special Education: Safety in the Classroom covers everyday safety in the classroom, using safer communication and avoiding classroom injuries.
- Transporting Students with Special Need: Legislation Overview provides a legislative overview of transportation for students with disabilities and addresses specific transportation obligations required of state and local education agencies.
- Transporting Students with Special Needs: Types of Special Needs explores the 13 categories of special needs classified by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Transporting Students with Special Needs: Balancing Needs on Mixed Buses guides staff in understanding the types of disabilities they may encounter and the services available to these students.
In addition to revamped content, staff members taking these online courses are guided by a course instructor for a more engaging learning experience. Delivered in a self-paced, video format, the courses can also be taken whenever, wherever – so staff can fit training into their busy schedules.
As staff progress through each course module, their comprehension gets put to the test with practical, in-course quizzes and an end-of-course exam upon completion.
“At TargetSolutions, we’ve committed to upgrading our EDU catalog. Our content has been thoroughly updated and refreshed. All of our new and updated EDU courses are video-based and feature a presenter on-screen to explain each lesson.” Bryan Fitzgerald, Content Manger, TargetSolutions
For questions about new EDU course enhancements, please contact us today!
A 10-course bundle of school district training courses is just the beginning of what is going to be a complete overhaul of TargetSolutions’ EDU course catalog.
Exciting changes have arrived to TargetSolutions’ EDU course catalog. A freshly released 10-course bundle of brand new training courses offers a peek into the long-term plans to enhance our vast library of lessons for school districts. Produced with a healthy blend of audio and video, these courses offer instructor-led presentations, voiceover narration tracks, engaging graphics, and interactive multimedia for an immersive learning experience. With each course clocking in with a 30 to 90-minute runtime, this collection will cover a wide range of education topics designed to help schools meet their training needs.
Titles included in this new bundle of school district training are:
- Managing Difficult Behaviors: Enables school staff to identify and provide positive correction techniques to various types of student misbehaviors.
- Safe Use of Utility Carts: Features general information about utility carts including their features, safe operation, and proper maintenance.
- Preventing Cyberbullying: Defines cyberbullying and discusses its prevalence and harmful side effects as well as what you can do to stop it.
- Liability in Sports: Outlines the risks associated with physical activities, primarily sports, and how to ensure student safety.
- Evacuating Students with Disabilities: Informs bus drivers and attendants who work with special needs students the basics of an effective evacuation policy and strategy.
When asked about the new direction of the EDU course catalog, TargetSolutions’ Content Manager Bryan Fitzgerald noted that this new bundle is just a glimpse into the future of the library:
“We have a comprehensive plan to completely overhaul the EDU catalog with more interactive lessons. 2018 is going to be a big year when it comes to training and school districts.”
Bryan Fitzgerald, Content Manager, TargetSolutions.
With these 10 new courses currently available, 2018 is already shaping up to be a productive year for enhancements and new releases. Upcoming releases will use a mix of narrated teaching, graphics, unique interactions and focused learning objectives to deliver a world-class training experience.
For more information about school district training, please contact TargetSolutions today at (800) 840-8048.
Various firefighter training requirements can be costly, complex and time-consuming, but TargetSolutions’ revolutionary records management technology makes all of those drawbacks a thing of the past.
When it comes to firefighter training technology, TargetSolutions is at the forefront. What used to take a battalion of officers several days (or even weeks) to accomplish can now be completed before lunch with a few simple clicks.
TargetSolutions, established in 1999, is the undisputed leader in matching up technology with the ever-growing list of firefighter training requirements. With its sleek interface, innovative features, and a massive library of engaging training courses, it’s no mystery why more than 2,000 fire departments nationwide call the powerful TargetSolutions online training management system their own.
Here are five ways you can benefit from TargetSolutions’ online training management system:
- Track every hour of online, instructor-led, or hands-on training
- Deliver more than 450 hours of fire department training, including 160 hours of EMS recertification
- Ensure compliance with mandatory SOPs and other policies with e-signatures
- Simplify ISO training audits with powerful record keeping system
- Streamline training for personnel with 24/7 and mobile compatibility
To learn more about TargetSolutions, please contact us today at (800) 840-8046.
TargetSolutions’ computer-based training system provides an efficient, effective way for agencies to meet EMS continuing education requirements.
TargetSolutions’ EMS continuing education training courses can be applied toward Washington’s ongoing training and evaluation program (OTEP) requirements. TargetSolutions offers a vast library of EMS training for first responders of all levels to complete EMS recertification. Dynamic online courses are delivered in an engaging format featuring scenario-based learning exercises. The industry’s leading Credentials management application makes it easy to track progress.
In addition to the ability to meet OTEP requirements, TargetSolutions features the following benefits:
- More than 160 hours of EMS courses for all provider levels
- Organizationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE)
- Powerful tools for tracking ISO training hours and EMS recertification
- Trusted by more than 2,000 fire departments nationwide
If you would like more information about TargetSolutions, please fill out the form and a TargetSolutions representative will be in touch. If you would like to reach your regional sales manager, please contact us at (800) 840-8046.
TargetSolutions provides a centralized online platform for all mandatory EMS continuing education courses for Chicago EMS. With more than 100 hours of online accredited CEUs, EMS professionals can conveniently complete required training and earn units for EMS recertification through TargetSolutions.
Your two-year subscription to TargetSolutions grants you access to department-specific and state-mandated training. After a simple set-up process, you’ll have access to an easy-to-use, mobile-compatible training system that streamlines certification accredited courses available 24/7.
It’s critical for every fire department to implement effective firefighter training strategies. Here are five critical strategies to help your department’s training be effective.
Saving lives, cost reduction, improved efficiency. All serve as the pinnacle goals of fire department training officers everywhere. But how do you get there? Where do you even begin when taking on the mammoth task of creating a firefighter training program?
The truth is there is no simple cut-and-dry solution, but there are options available. With that in mind, here are the top 5 requirements for an effective firefighter training program.
- Implement a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Custom Content Creation
- Plan & Follow Through
- Health & Wellness
- Employ a Training Officer
To read the full story and learn more about these five requirements, please click here.
If you have any questions on how TargetSolutions can help your fire department achieve its training goals, please contact us today at (800) 840-8046.
CONFERENCES & TRADE SHOWS
PARMA | Indian Wells, Calif.
Feb. 23-26 | Booth No. 316
VA Fire Chiefs | Virginia Beach, Va.
Feb. 24-28 | Booth No. 56
EMS Today | Baltimore, Md.
Feb. 25-27 | Booth No. 2922
Texas Police Chiefs | Austin, Texas
North Texas Police Chiefs | Highland Village, Texas
SW Division of the IAFC Conference
FDIC | Indianapolis
April 18-23 | Booth No. 13026